At the Eco Village, our family members can teach you amazing local skills and handicrafts that we perform in order to maintain local cultural traditions and care for the village, our farm, gardens and each other!
- Weave bamboo baskets (Doki)
- Make flour from local seeds
- Milk one of our lovely cows (and try the fresh milk!)
- Experience a Nepali cooking class in our kitchen!
- Learn the basics of the Nepali language
- How to filter water – our sand filtration system!
- Make organic soap
- Make a straw mattress
- Beautiful broom making
- Butter making
- Brown rice traditional husking/beating
- AND much more…!
SUNRISE + SUNSET
The Eco Village features stunning views of the Annapurna range, Fishtail Peak, and beyond. These views are especially magical at sunrise and sunset time, when the light turns the white peaks a brilliant pink and paints the sky with color!
BUTTERFLY AND BIRD WATCHING
Are you interested in butterfly and birdwatching. <Download our PDF Guide> to what you can see in the eco-village.
WANT MORE ACTION?
You can trek to Armala and Lwang Ghalel (Gurung villages) from the eco-village. This takes about 5 hours & you can stay overnight with a Nepalese family. Visit the tea gardens whilst you are there. Return to Astam or direct to Pokhara. Start or finish your trek to Annapurna Base Camp or Poon Hill from the eco-village. Talk to the us about the any other treks, and we’ll be happy to help!